Dit is een demo van een BB Forum.
Lanlan is incredulous about the

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BB Forum demo // Test forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhangsan520

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-11-2018 04:48:52    Onderwerp: Lanlan is incredulous about the Reageren met citaat
Chinese parents and their adult children are disagreeing over posts circulated on WeChat. One side says forwarding these posts shows love and care Bears Leonard Floyd Jersey , the other says they are too controlling, a trait all too common with Chinese parents and may actually pose risks to those who take pseudoscientific advice too seriously.

Many young Chinese people are tired of the WeChat posts their parents send them. Photo: Li HaoGT

Xiaoyu slept in until noon, since she had no schoolwork the next day. She powered on her mobile phone and it immediately started buzzing.

A quick look at the screen showed her mom had already forwarded 10 articles from 1,000 kilometers away. Each with a hyperbolic title written by some so-called expert: The evil consequences of going to bed late and getting up late! Beware: Your body will be like this if you don't have breakfast! A message to today's youth; you'll die young if you keep living like this.

Usually, Xiaoyu just deletes or ignores these messages.

This is a common interaction between Chinese parents and their adult children these days. While in the old days Bears Bennie Fowler III Jersey , parents might intrude on their children's lives by reading their diaries or talking to their friends behind their backs, in an age of the Internet and migration, this phenomenon takes place over social media, especially WeChat.

WeChat, which reportedly has more than 806 million users Bears Allen Robinson II Jersey , is rife with posts about parents nagging from a distance.

The younger generation of writers who sound off on the topic say their parents lack so-called media literacy. They believe their moms and dads have trouble judging the reliability of the information they read online.

A recent WeChat post published under the title Why we block our parents' posts put it this way: "Parents lack the experience and knowledge to deal with the online information explosion that rushes past them. They don't understand there is a very sophisticated team out there that is manufacturing pseudo-knowledge in a bid to gain attention. Parents seem doomed to lose the battle."

Urine trouble

Song Sha, a 28-year-old living in Changsha, Hunan Province is sick of her mother Wang Li (pseudonym) sending her all sorts of "tips" on WeChat. At the same time, she's worried that her mother's lack of judgment may hurt her.

Wang began by sending Song pseudoscience posts that doesn't do much harm, like Drinking boiled water can damage your lungs Bears Eddie Jackson Jersey , or Houses in Guangxi are only sold for 10,000 yuan ($1,476), get your own!

But recently, her mother started forwarding her health tips and even treatment plans. Wang told Song she's read so many posts related to medicine that she feels she could start treating people Bears Tarik Cohen Jersey , beginning with her daughter.

"But the posts she read aren't really professional," Song said. "That's the problem. And it's quite scary when I think about it."

Two of the most significant treatments her mother learned from these posts are blood-letting and urine drinking, both of which she practices regularly.

Last month, Song became pregnant and moved back in with her mother for the sake of convenience. She woke up one day from a nap to a pain in her foot, and found her mother standing over at her feet with a pair of glistening needles that were as thick as juice box straws.

Horrified Bears Adam Shaheen Jersey , she confronted her mother about what she was doing and her mother said, "I'll just stab a hole in your foot, let out some blood to cure your cough."

Song packed up her things and moved out as soon as possible. She said she hadn't thought these posts would have this much effect on her mother, let alone herself.

Chicken soup spam

"My mom sent me two 'chicken soup posts' early in the morning. Then there was a health-related advertorial at noon. After my nap I got another weird message about how my health is in danger. They're basically all junk. I won't read any of them. To tell the truth, it's really annoying Bears Mitchell Trubisky Jersey ," Xiaoyu said.

Xiaoyu tries her best to ignore the messages but this doesn't dampen her mom's enthusiasm for sharing. "She seems to have no sense of my antipathy," Xiaoyu said, looking helplessly at her phone.

But parents are also frustrated. Many say their children don't understand that they only forward such articles because they are natural worriers and want the best for their kids.

"All I want is his wellbeing. I really don't understand why he objects," says a woman surnamed Yang from Chongqing Municipality, whose son is studying in Beijing.

Her son calls the articles pseudoscience and warns her that some of the recommended remedies could cause more harm than good. "The messages I send him are all Bears Anthony Miller Jersey , I believe, true. I wish he would at least have a look at them," Yang said.

It's not only the high frequency of messages about health from overly anxious parents that annoy their kids.

"I really can't understand why you think this article is worth sharing," wrote Lanlan, a 23-year-old master's student Bears James Daniels Jersey , in a testy reply after her mother sent her a dubious post titled An apple in boiling water: A disturbing scene.

A crudely produced video shows white foam forming after an apple is placed in a pot of boiling water. It purports to show the inherent dangers posed by apples and urges viewers to forward the warning.

Lanlan is incredulous about the dire consequences of eating one of the world's most popular fruits. She thinks her mom is gullible and is concerned about what this says about her judgment. She taps out a frustrated reply that is more than a little snarky.

"It's just the natural wax that forms on apples." Her follow-up message tried to smooth her tone as she offered her mom some of her own advice. "Just peel it if you're worried, and don't blindly believe these posts."

After a long silence, her mom replied with two letters, "OK" and a smiley face.< Sperm cell production . Authentic Leonard Fournette Jersey Authentic Kirk Cousins Jersey Authentic Josh Rosen Jersey Authentic Josh Allen Jersey Authentic J.J. Watt Jersey James Conner Womens Jersey Derek Carr Womens Jersey Dak Prescott Kids Jersey Christian McCaffrey Panthers Jersey Carson Wentz Eagles Jersey
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BB Forum demo // Test forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: