Dit is een demo van een BB Forum.
www.thebengalslockerroom.com

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BB Forum demo // Test forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
hongwei28

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-05-2019 04:14:26    Onderwerp: www.thebengalslockerroom.com Reageren met citaat
John Ross got up to top speed Womens Bobby Hart Jersey , ran past a defender and caught Andy Dalton's long pass in stride, drawing an ovation from the approximately 950 fans watching the first practice of Bengals camp.A day later, he made another impressive catch on a deep throw and heard more applause.Fans haven't seen any of this since the Bengals made him their first overall pick last year.The speedy receiver from Washington expected to show his big-play ability during his first season in Cincinnati. Instead, he missed most of camp while recovering from shoulder surgery and wound up playing in only three games.He didn't catch a pass and fumbled on a reverse — the only time he got the ball — before another shoulder injury ended his season.As debuts go, it was about as bad as it gets. He was playing catch-up from the start because of his injury, and every mistake got magnified."It was everything," Ross said. "When one thing went wrong, six things went wrong. Not to make excuses Womens Sam Hubbard Jersey , but it was so much more than me making one mistake on the field. I think it kind of beat me up mentally and took me away from my game."The Bengals are trying to dig out of one of the worst seasons offensively in franchise history. They finished last in the league in yards in 2017, a franchise first. Offensive coordinator Bill Lazor was given wide latitude to overhaul the playbook.The offensive line has been revamped. Coach Marvin Lewis has said repeatedly that the offense needs to have more big plays this season, the kind they thought Ross would provide when they took him with the ninth overall pick in the draft.Ross ran a record time of 4.22 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL combine, and the Bengals envisioned him providing another deep threat to A.J. Green. Instead, Ross barely got on the field. He's been healthy and making a good impression."I've kind of showed that I can relax and play the game I'm used to playing," Ross said. "Mentally, that was the toughest challenge for me last year. Being hurt kind of messed with me throughout the whole year. When you're beat mentally, I don't think you can really be yourself."Ross was still recovering from shoulder surgery when camp opened in 2017 and wasn't cleared to practice at the outset. He wound up playing in only two preseason games and making one catch for 6 yards Tyler Eifert Jersey White , his total contribution to the passing game last year.He's already way ahead of last year."John Ross has done things this offseason we saw at the University of Washington," said Duke Tobin, director of player personnel. "We're looking for him to take the next step."EIFERT BACK: Tight end Tyler Eifert was cleared to practice on Monday after working out on a side field the first four days of camp. Eifert was limited to two games last season before more back problems required another surgical procedure. He signed a one-year contract loaded with incentives.Eifert mostly worked out with the backups on Monday. He made a couple of diving plays late in practice, drawing applause from fans."I could understand how it would be frustrating as fans, hearing, 'Oh, he's on (injury) list again or whatever,'" Eifert said. "But trust me Clint Boling Jersey White , it's 100 times more frustrating for me because all I want to do is be out there, and I'm doing literally everything I can, spending all my time trying to get back out there and stay out there with the guys."H-back Ryan Hewitt also was cleared to join practice, leaving only linebacker Vontaze Burfict yet to get approval to practice. Burfict is suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancers. The Bengals went young at head coach, and aren’t straying from that path in their search for a defensive coordinator.According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, the Bengals have a long list of candidates for their lead defensive job under new coach Zac Taylor.Among the names expected to get interview requests are just-fired former Falcons coordinator Marquand Manuel, Texas A&M coordinator Mike Elko, Florida coordinator Todd Grantham Preston Brown Jersey White , Saints secondary coach Aaron Glenn, and Rams defensive backs coach Aubrey Pleasant.If you think that’s a list short on experience, you’d be correct.The Bengals spoke to both Jack Del Rio and Dom Capers about the job, but both apparently passed according to multiple reports. That’s possibly a worrying sign for Taylor as he assembles a last-minute staff (yet another reason the league should consider letting new coaches become official before they’re officially official).Taylor’s 35 years old, and has never been a head coach. He hasn’t been an assistant that long (seven years in the NFL). Having a veteran on staff with some knowledge can help, as Wade Phillips was a good hire for Sean McVay when he was in the same spot with the Rams. But the Bengals apparently either can’t or don’t want to provide Taylor with the same kind of safety net.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BB Forum demo // Test forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: