Dit is een demo van een BB Forum.
Leaders of BRICS countries

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BB Forum demo // Test forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
reba520

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-09-2018 06:56:17    Onderwerp: Leaders of BRICS countries Reageren met citaat
SINGAPORE, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- Singapore witnessed 12 percent increase in visitors spent for the first six months in 2016, said Singapore Tourism Board (STB) on Tuesday.

STB said tourism receipts (TR) grew by 12 percent to reach 11.6 billion Singapore dollars (8.14 billion U.S. dollars) in the first half of 2016. The growth in TR was mostly volume-driven due to a strong growth of visitor arrivals of 13 percent from January to June this year.

The authority noted that the growth in TR was backed by higher expenditure in shopping, accommodation and food and beverage.

"This helped to offset the fall in sightseeing, entertainment and gaming that was due largely to a decline in gaming revenue as reported by the integrated resorts," said STB in their quarterly report.

STB also observed that "more visitors are choosing to stay in paid accommodation, particularly in mid-tier hotels." Enditem

By Robert Stanton

HOUSTON nike air max 97 mujer baratas , Sept. 4 (Xinhua) -- Mike Sumrall fought back tears as he stood in his front yard and looked out on his family's possessions heaped in huge piles near the street curb.

Just days before, Hurricane Harvey slammed into his neighborhood in Dickinson, Texas, flooding just about everything in its path - cars, homes and businesses - and turning upside-down his community's sense of comfort.

"It's just devastation," said Sumrall, 42 nike air max 97 hombre baratas , a tow truck driver who lives with his wife, Carrie, his 4-year-old adopted daughter, Danielle, and the family's three dogs. "Everything's gone, everything you worked for."

"I was a (military) contractor for three years in Iraq getting shot at, and I was never this scared as I was when I was driving my family out (to safety) nike air max 97 metallic gold baratas ," he said.

Sumrall's story of starting over again is being repeated throughout Galveston County located about 80 km southeast of Houston in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. In Dickinson, more than 50 percent of homes sustained heavy damage, county officials said.

The storm has also taken a toll on the livelihood of storm victims, with many out of work because of damaged businesses forced to shutter their doors. The Texas Workforce Commission has processed a total of 42,262 unemployment claims between Aug. 25 and Aug. 31, according to Lisa Givens, spokeswoman for the commission.

Now nike air max 97 silver bullet baratas , the focus is on returning to a degree of normalcy - getting lives back on track, said Galveston County Commissioner Stephen D. Holmes.

"People are just trying to take an assessment... trying to get their stuff cleaned up, getting their houses gutted, and they're still absorbing a lot of what just happened to them," he said. "I've been fielding a lot of calls about what FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) assistance is available, what FEMA can do, and how to register (for help)."

But for many storm victims still without power nike air max 97 negras baratas , getting through to the FEMA can be a nerve-fraying experience. "A lot of people don't have access to the Web or have electricity, and we will take them to the (county) office to fill out their applications."

FEMA provides funding for rebuilding in disasters, and directs victims to low-interest loans in conjunction with the Small Business Administration. The agency also dispatches experts to disaster areas to help with the recovery process.

When Sumrall returned to his flooded-out neighborhood on Monday, Aug. 28 to retrieve his personal belongings and his gun collection, the area still had 1 meter of water. On Saturday Sept. 2, friends and family arrived to help remove water-soaked furniture and appliances from the one-story home.

Then things started to improve, as volunteers arrived to help remove drywall and to gut the house so that the repair process could begin. Pastor Chris Pletcher of Antioch Community Church in College Station nike just do it air max baratas , Texas, arrived with about 20 students from Texas A&M University to work on the house.

All told, about 200 students from Texas A&M University in College Station were in Dickinson to help with the church's recovery effort in the community.

"This is probably our fourth house today to help out a little bit in some shape or form," Pletcher said. "People are still shocked and saying, 'Wow, I can't believe that this happened to my home.'"

For Sumrall, the outpouring of help was overwhelming. "I think it's God at work http://www.airmax97baratas.es/ ," he said, wiping a tear from his eye. "It's great. It's great. And I'm so thankful. We've had the community to come together, too. Yeah, it's wonderful."

Meanwhile in Houston, flood victims tried to find reasons for the overwhelming flood that never happened before.

Mel Waithe, a Houston graphic artist, said his home had never flooded before Harvey - even during Tropical Storm Allison in 2001 that inundated wide swaths of Houston with record rainfall levels. The tropical system lasted 15 days nike air max 97 espaņa baratas , dumping torrential rains over the Houston area.

"I'm not surprised (by Harvey) because of global warming and all the new buildings going up," he said. "We've been living here 37 years and we haven't flooded until now. Years ago, they built a golf course out here and when that didn't work out, they made it a landfill. Since then, the neighborhood has been flooding."

Houston-area resident Chris Schaub agreed that overbuilding is the root of the problem.

"To me, all the flooding came because they're building so many subdivisions now and there's too much concrete," he said. "The subdivisions used to be cow pastures and wetlands nike air max 97 baratas , now there's nowhere for that water to go."

Leaders of BRICS countries pose for group photo before summit

Xi calls for solidarity among emerging economies, developing nations

Xi, Putin agree to enhance strategic coordination, appropriately deal with DPRK nuclear test

Xi stresses China-Mexico strategic synergy

Autumn scenery of Hunhe River in N China's Hohhot

Vill. Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Hockey Jerseys China Wholesale Football Jerseys From China Wholesale College Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Hockey Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NCAA College Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BB Forum demo // Test forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: